Hosted by: Steve Ranson and Charlotte LaCombe
Preconference trip - June 22, 2021 (tentative)
- Virginia City, Queen of the Comstock. Two-hour tour of the world famous Comstock Lode with a short V & T Railroad tour of the Comstock
- Carson City, Nevada's capital. Walking tour, old assembly and state chambers, Nevada State Museum and old U.S. mint, reception at Nevada Press Association and family-style Basque restaurant for dinner
Accommodations at the University of Nevada, Argental Hall and dining facility. Each room accommodates up to 3
Itinerary Highlights (tentative)
- Wednesday: Welcome by Nevada lieutenant governor Kate Marshall, background of Reno and Nevada, tour RSJ /KUNR
- Thursday: Fact-finding trip to Fernley, exploring Nevada's diverse economy (geothermal and alternative power sources) and Fallon, Naval Air Station Fallon and TOP GUN, Churchill Vineyards and wine tasting, Churchill Arts Council
- Friday: Panel discussion on public relations and public information, how the University of Nevada worked with media on an explosion damaging two resident halls, panel on military reporting, Honor Flight and Veterans Affairs, Greenslade Bursary and Mazza presentations, AP stylebook changes. Reno Aces AAA baseball or Reno Rodeo in evening
- Saturday: Newspaper critiques, banquet and award presentations.
* The 2020 conference in Reno, Nevada, was rescheduled to 2023 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.